Tuesday, February 13, 2007

TIME OF THE YEAR...AGAIN

Its the time of the year again. Not that i cherished the moment when i opened the clear envelope. Neither did i jump with sheer joy of knowing whats inside the clear envelope. But a thought kept me smiling as i tore the envelope open.

Yes..i am those unlucky few who does not have to pay my income tax!!! Rejoice! Rejoice!

Some may say my minuscule annual salary is not a thing to brag about. Not when the toll charges, petrol prices etc etc kept increasing. Life is hard. FULLSTOP.

But i'd be sure as h*ll not be smiling if i was forced to willingly 'contribute' part (though a very small percentage of it) to the government.

NOTE TO ALL: i am a good citizen. At times, i can even be a patriot. I disclose my income, i vote and i even pay my summons - but i draw the line in actually paying for my income tax.

Mind you, i didn't fake my income disclosures. I simply escape it. (on second thought - maybe i should be asking for more raise!!)

How to escape it you asked? Bah! So many rich men (and women) i mean millions of $ in Swiss Account escaped paying tax. Dont asked me how they did it - i don't have an account in Swiss Bank.

But if u asked me HOW I escape paying tax? The answer is simple. I pay my zakat.

I guess, with a smile on my face as i wrote down the amount of income tax payable (government owe me money now - :) ) i should be grateful for being a Malaysian. Despite the ever oppressing price increased of almost all things - they pay heed to requirement to pay zakat.

See - i told you i can be a PATRIOT at times...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Halo dear! Dunno that you blog as well..:) hmm...anyway, best! talented! keep it up!
"bila aku nak mula blog nih? phew!" i guess i dont have the talent to write which will interest people..so i'll stick to reading other peoples blog then..hahahah....

Fid said...

hehehe
aku datang!....

Anonymous said...

ihiks...what a PATRIOT of u! good idea! ;)